Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Skin Rejuvenation
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a cosmetic procedure where we use your own blood to promote collagen regrowth within the skin.
This revolutionary repair system targets troubled areas and helps your skin repair and rejuvenate itself creating more toned and smoother skin.
How do platelets help rejuvenate the skin?
Platelets are cells in the blood that help tissue to heal and to grow new cells. Injecting these platelets into specific areas can help promote the regrowth of new collagen, regenerating the skin and leaving it refreshed, tightened and smoother.
What areas can we improve with PRP treatment?
The healing properties of the blood components in PRP can be used to help the following issues:
· Reducing fine line and wrinkles
· Tightening and toning skin
· Crow’s feet
· Dark circles under eyes
· Acne scarring
Although this treatment is usually done on the face, we can also rejuvenate the back of the hands, décolletage and other body areas to give a more youthful and radiant appearance.
What to expect from your treatment appointments
The treatment is very simple and effective with very little discomfort and downtime.
Firstly we would extract a sample of your blood and we spin this in a centrifuge, which separates the plasma from the red blood cells. This only takes a few minutes.
The doctor will then use a very fine needle to extract the platelet rich plasma from the blood sample and then distribute this into the desired treatment area. The procedure usually takes less than an hour and patients can go home or to work following treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
For the best result you will need 3 to 4 sessions of the treatment usually arranged 3-4 weeks apart. Following the first 4 sessions it may be advisable to have a top up treatment 6 months later and then on an annual basis to help keep the skin rejuvenated. This will be discussed with you at your initial consultation.
When can I expect to see results?
With PRP treatment the skin needs time to heal before you can see the full effects of the results. This can take up to 3 months after treatment. In this time the skin will gradually improve
Benefits of PRP treatment:
1. Non-Invasive treatment– the platelet rich plasma is simply injected back into the skin.
2. Quick treatment– usually the treatment session can last around 30 minutes and the skin rejuvenation can be noticed in the first few weeks as the skin heals.
3. Minimal risk -Your body naturally produces the ingredients necessary to rejuvenate your skin. Every treatment is formulated using blood from the patient’s own body. This means there is minimal risk of allergic reaction, infection, or rejection of the treatment.
What to expect after treatment:
· Slight Swelling– this should subside in a few hours, certainly within 24-48 hours
· Temporary bruising– these will again subside in a few days
· Dry skin– the doctor will advise the best products for you to use to hep keep your skin hydrated
We offer a FREE consultation for you to discuss your needs with the doctor. From here we can create a bespoke treatment plan and confirm the fees and timescale you can expect from treatment.
1 session – £325.00
3 sessions – £850.00